Keeping Your New Home Clean
Do you remember when you first moved into your new home? It smelled and looked so clean. Now you may be accumulating more things, furniture, books, clothes, etc. To keep your home from getting cluttered and/or dirty following this very simple for the daily maintenance schedule will keep you on top of your household cleanliness.
Always start with the sink. A sparkling sink becomes your kitchen's benchmark for hygiene and tidiness, inspiring you to load the dishwasher immediately and keep counters, refrigerator doors, and the stove top spick-and-span, too.
- Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher
- Wipe down the stove top
- Wipe down the counters
- Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor
Make cleaning the basin as routine as washing your hands. But don't stop there. Get the most out of your pre-moistened wipe by using it to clean around the edges of the tub and then the toilet before tossing it.
- Wipe out the sink
- Wipe the toilet seat and rim
- Swoosh the toilet bowl with a brush
- Wipe the mirror and faucet
- Squeegee the shower door
- Spray the entire shower and the curtain liner with shower mist after every use
Make your bed right before or after your morning shower. A neat bed with inspire you to deal with other messes immediately. Although smoothing sheets and plumping pillows might not seen like a high priority as you're rushing to work, the payoff comes at the end of the day, when you slip back under the unruffled covers.
- Make the bed
- Fold or hang clothing and put away jewelry
- Straighten out the night-table surface
Family Room, Living Room, Foyer
Start with the sofa - as long as it's in disarray, your living room will never look tidy. Once you've fluffed the pillows and folded the throws, you're halfway home.
- Pick up crumbs and dust bunnies with a handheld vacuum
- Fluff the cushions and fold throws after use
- Wipe tabletops and spot-clean cabinets when you see fingerprints
- Straighten coffee-table books and magazines. Throw out newspapers. Put away CDs and videos